Thursday, May 22, 2014

What's The Worst That Could Happen?

Before I left on this adventure several people tried to boost my confidence by asking, "what is the worst that can happen?"  They usually  cited loss of pack.  Second was a missed flight.

I had 55 minutes between scheduled  flights. The trans Atlantic flight landed15 minutes late.  My connection was in a different terminal, I had to go through customs, and get rescreened, but they had handy signs that said it was only 22 minutes walk to J terminal. The plane was still at the gate  when I got there, but the door had closed.

Two hours later I'm on the next flight.  Is it normal for planes to lurch sideways while moving down the runway?  At luggage claim the belt stopped with about 20 people still waiting.  We were told to wait ten minutes and the bags would be released.  Sure enough two bags came out.  We were told to file missing luggage reports.  You could see those staff people were not about to fill out all those forms!  Some sort of manager came out and said our pallet of luggage had been selected for rescreening and it would be released within 30 minutes. 

On the plus side I have successfully used the subway and made it to the hotel, showered, washed the clothes I had been wearing since 4am on Wednesday, am about to go for a walk.

I get a kick from my hotel room view-



2 comments:

  1. 2 hours is better than next day. Plus you still have all your stuff. Wow Portugal is a bit grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well so the worsts have happened! All downhill now.

    ReplyDelete