Sunday, May 25, 2014

That Didn't Feel Like 12 Miles

My first full day walking.  The maps said it was about 20 km, but it feels like more. I walked from 9:30 to 5:30 with two stops and I was done  about three km from Vila do Comde.   The map must be wrong.  I didn't get lost today, I just accidentally decided to follow the wheelchair route instead of the regular one. That had to add a kilometer or ten to the total. 

I was tired and grumpy when I finally arrived in Vila do Conde. All issues melted away when I stumbled into Evora's Tea and Guest House. She showed me to the room and the bathroom is bigger than the ones in the two hotels combined.  She also provides free breakfast for pilgrims.  She is wonderful   

I finally has a chance to wander around town.  There are old churches on almost every  block, there are parks and squares every few blocks, and a huge sundial on the riverside.  I promise you will be incredibly bored with the photos if you are ever dumb enough to ask to see them.  Wandering meant that I was still up and moving when the early dinners were served at 8pm.  Until now I had been living off of sandwiches and fruit that was easy to pick up and transport (no, I don't mean McDonalds).  Tired  now and going to sleep.   Here is the park with the huge sundial. 


Km done: 34 or so
Km to go: 124 or so

No comments:

Post a Comment