Friday, May 23, 2014

Navigating

I find it difficult to navigate without a familiar reference point. I ended up seeing a whole chunk of residential areas unintentionally in Lisbon and in Porto I took what I thought was a right and it turned out to be straight ahead. Kind of like making three lefts instead of a right.  It did allow me to find a neat church that I want to go back and photograph tomorrow. 

heard that there are now yellow arrows showing the way along the coastal route and, based on my initial experiences in Lisbon and Porto, I will really need them.

I did a wander through the Rossio district before catching the train to Porto. I picked up a credential at the Lisbon cathedral and got their stamp. It is in Spanish. I'm tempted to go to the Porto cathedral to see if theirs are any different. 

First stop tomorrow is the tourist information office for a listing of pilgrim lodgings along the coast. 

Here is the view for the next two nights -



Better?

1 comment:

  1. How do you get lost? Don't you have one of those phone thingies with GPS and all that?

    ReplyDelete